Assistant General Manager - Black Point Inn
To apply: please email email@example.com
Black Point Inn (Migis Hotel Group) is seeking an experienced hotel manager to join its team as Assistant General Manager. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated for growth, practiced in managing diverse personalities and passionate about creating high quality guest experiences. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are must for this position.
Black Point Inn is a 25-room historic property that features two on-site restaurants. This position will require knowledge and experience in Food & Beverage operations, including event management. Additional experience in managing guest services and housekeeping operations is also required.
Migis Hotel Group prides itself on a strong company culture based on open communication, opportunities for growth and development of its employees, continuous efforts to improve our operations, and longevity of service in our group. We welcome candidates who value these attributes and seek to add their talents to our ongoing endeavors. This role will be a year-round, salaried position.
If you are driven to succeed in a demanding yet rewarding environment, then we would like to hear from you!
Position Title: Assistant General Manager
Person you report to: General Manager - Black Point Inn (BPI)
The Assistant General Manager of Black Point Inn is responsible for helping the General Manager ensure the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, ensuring superior service is provided to all guests and product quality standards are met in an attentive, friendly, efficient, harmonious and welcoming manner. He or she directly supervises other year-round or seasonal managers, ensuring communication and follow-up between departments.
- The high quality care, well-being and overall recognition of our guests. Making sure that each guest experience exceeds expectations. Interfacing with guests on a daily basis and resolving any concerns that may arise.
- Work with the General Manager to foster a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management, staff and guests, management and guests.
- Work with departmental managers in the oversight of their departmental responsibilities, offering guidance and assistance as needed.
- Directly supervise Guest Services, Housekeeping and Bell department managers in accordance with goals set by the General Manager. Step into departmental management roles in the absence of the manager, particularly on their days off.
- Work dedicated shifts as acting restaurant floor manager to ensure proper food and beverage service, training and operations.
- Assist in execution of all special events (wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate events, etc.) as described and organized by the Sales and Events Manager.
- Ensure all managers are working with staff in maintaining established and agreed-upon standards of service to guests.
- Contribute to the financial success of BPI and MHG by working to maximize revenues and control cost.
- Proper maintenance, operation, and training of all hotel systems.
- Promote proper orientation, job and safety training.
- Assist the GM in organizing the proper opening and closing of the hotel each year.
- Creative thinking to constantly improve BPI’s product and service.
- Communicating consistently with the principals of MHG and department heads on the status of operations and guest concerns.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, written and orally.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must have excellent leadership skills and experience.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including the anticipation of what needs to be done before it becomes necessary.
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must have had success in multitasking.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information.
- Able and willing to take and give direction, and have experience having difficult conversations
- A team player, that is flexible and willing to help support MHG’s goals and the ability to support other hotels rooms operations.
- 5 plus years of Management experience in the hotel division with increasing responsibilities.
- Must have a service-oriented personality who enjoys being part of and leading a motivated team.
- Must be neat, courteous and extremely detail oriented.
- Must enjoy and be able to meet the public with poise.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. Will require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Frequent stair climbing.
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Must be vertically mobile for extended periods of time each work day.
- 50-60 hours/week in-season (May-Oct) which may include early mornings, late nights, overnights, weekends and holidays, and 40 hours/week off-season (Nov-Apr).
- Additional beneficial skills:
- Strong knowledge of wines and mixology
- Experience in sales and revenue management
- Working knowledge of facilities maintenance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org