Rooms Division Manager - The Groton Inn
To apply: please email Warren Francis, General Manager email@example.com
The Groton Inn in Groton, MA is seeking an experienced hospitality professional to join its team a Rooms Division Manager beginning March 1, 2018. The Rooms Division Manager is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of both the Front Desk (e.g. Guest Services, Reservations, Night Audit, Valet, Bells) and Housekeeping/Laundry. The Room Division Manager will ensure a seamless guest experience through efficient and effective Front Desk and Housekeeping operations. This position is responsible for generating high levels of guest satisfaction, supporting and training staff for proper job execution and achieving financial goals with regards to revenue management and labor costs.
This role will be a year-round, salaried position with benefits, including health insurance, 401K, PTO, paid holidays and discount stays at our other properties.
Migis Hotel Group prides itself on a strong company culture based on open communication, opportunities for growth and development of its employees, continuous efforts to improve our operations, and longevity of service in our group. We welcome candidates who value these attributes and seek to add their talents to our ongoing endeavors. If you are driven to succeed in a demanding yet rewarding environment, then we would like to hear from you!
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be knowledgeable and participate in all functions of the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Bell services to ensure efficient and effective operation of all departments.
- Communicate daily with GM, Director of Sales, and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Work closely with the Front Desk Supervisor, Housekeeping Manager, and Bell Captain to support them in their departments including, but not limited to, interview, hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, inventory, maintaining company standards and adhering to departmental budgets.
- Monitor financial operations including group billing, rates/discounts, cash drawer, and room inventory controls.
- Responsible for maintenance of hotel marketing collateral, website updates, and social media in conjunction with the GM, Director of Sales, and MHG Marketing.
- Maintain reservations systems such as rate strategy, booking engine, 3rd party sites, and the property management system.
- Notify GM of reservation trends, property performance, and any other critical information.
- Monitoring of hotel performance including room revenue and guest satisfaction, and implementation of corrective actions where necessary.
- Create an environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction through proper training and development, maintenance of employee morale, implementation of appropriate technology solutions, and product and service quality evaluations.
- Set and develop standards and train all assigned departmental staff to learn how to apply these standards.
- Provide staff with on-going coaching / training. Communicate policy changes and/or updates pertaining to hotel/restaurant operations.
- Assist GM, Food & Beverage and Guest Services Associates with the quick resolution of guest complaints creating a win-win situation when at all possible.
- Train and monitor the Night Audit ensuring the job is done accurately while maintaining a high level of morale and satisfaction.
- Ensure assigned departments are completing their daily task list and adhering to TGI and MHG policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Work with Sales Manager to ensure the group reservations are blocked with correct rates and are assigned the appropriate room types.
- Ensure exceptional cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas by seeing that the inspection program is maintained.
- Spot check hotel rooms to ensure standards are maintained
- Show enthusiasm, graciousness, flexibility, adaptability, strong leadership and organization skills, the ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, and the desire to learn and teach.
- Responsible for teaching and maintaining the standard of personal sanitation, use of personal protective equipment, and ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying to employees in assigned departments.
- Ensure assigned departmental staffing levels are correct during peak and low occupancies.
- Attend weekly Manager Meetings and disseminate the information as necessary.
- Chair scheduled departmental meetings.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conveying information and ideas clearly Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Room Master Property Management System. Proficient with all reservations systems including but not limited to Synxis or similar booking engine, 3rd party websites, and 3rd party contracts.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize Social Media to promote the property.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Be able to work with a variety of colleagues and guests.
- Be able to take and give direction.
- Must be neat, courteous, flexible and extremely detail oriented.
- Must enjoy and be able to meet the public with poise.
- Ability to remain calm, courteous, and professional with demanding guests and in difficult situations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including the anticipation of what needs to be done before it becomes necessary.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Must enjoy and show poise working with the public, and have a strong appreciation for the guests’ experience.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- A team player, that is flexible and willing to help support MHG’s goals and the ability to support other hotels rooms operations.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Ability to work a varied schedule that is dictated by our guest demand and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. 5+ years of experience in Rooms Division or relevant hospitality setting with increasing responsibilities.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 30 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive throughout shift.
- May be vertically mobile for entire shift.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and split-shifts.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to stress, lifting injuries, exposure to unsanitary materials, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.