To apply: please email email@example.com
Emerson Inn in Rockport, MA is seeking a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team for the 2018 season, early March through the end of December. Attention to detail is a must. Experience is preferred, and 3 references are required.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and contributing to the well-being of guests, by ensuring that all rooms and public areas within his/her area of responsibility are prepared on a daily basis. He/she manages a team of floor and laundry personnel of variable size, ensuring superior service is provided to all guest and product quality standards are met in an attentive, friendly, efficient, harmonious and welcoming manner.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop a quality conscious team by utilizing proper selection, training, coaching, disciplining and if necessary termination skills.
- Directly supervise all housekeeping and laundry staff to ensure proper and timely completion of all duties and adhering to EMI and MHG policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Foster a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Plan, design, and direct work, addressing guest special requests, complaints and resolving problems as they arise.
- Ensure exceptional cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas by seeing that the inspection program is maintained
- Communicate effectively with all management and across hotels lines. Maintain knowledge of house counts, business levels, scheduled groups and activities.
- Creative thinking to constantly improve EMI’s product and service.
- Carry out duties associated with Manager On Duty (MOD) role if assigned.
- Show enthusiasm, graciousness, flexibility, adaptability, strong leadership and organization skills, the ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, and the desire to learn and teach.
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- One year of housekeeping experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Must enjoy and show poise working with the public, and have a strong appreciation for the guests’ experience.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including the anticipation of what needs to be done before it becomes necessary.
- Must have a service-oriented personality who enjoys being part of and leading a motivated team.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Should be well spoken, have a can do attitude, be a quick learner and with hands on accountability.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be neat, courteous and extremely detail oriented.
- Must be able to take direction, meet deadlines and successfully multi-task.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions.
- Frequent stair climbing.
- Working in varying temperatures and conditions both indoors and out.
- Able to move, or work with others to move, hotel room and common room furniture and fixtures for cleaning and rearranging
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, stress from working under pressure, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Migis Hotel Group:
More at http://migishotelgroup.com/careers.php
Migis Hotel Group believes in cultivating a working environment rooted in responsibility, creativity, mutual respect, and forward-thinking. As a small, Maine-based company, we operate in a unique space in the hospitality industry, perfectly situated in-between large corporate hotel chains, and small, independently run bed-and-breakfasts. This position allows us create a workplace that’s defined by intimacy and close coordination between ownership, management, and employees while also leveraging our many resources to professionally manage our properties at the highest standards of hospitality. Operating a wide variety of different properties in very different locations and markets, we understand that a highly motivated and enthusiastic team of employees is the key to success.
Our culture is rooted in our committment to the growth of our employees, and we value them as our greatest asset. We promote from within whenever possible, and offer our employees opportunities to move around properties we manage as part of their development within the company. To further solidify this commitment, we offer fantastic benefits to our eligible employees, including an excellent health and dental plan, paid vacation, 401k, and an unrivaled employee discount program that allows our employees to discover our fantastic properties, as well as other hotels, inns, and resorts around New England.
Migis Hotel Group is always interested in enthusiastic, hard-working individuals looking to make their mark in the hospitality industry. We urge you to get in touch with us and tell us about yourself, and how you envision yourself as a productive component of our growing team.