To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerson Inn in Rockport, MA is seeking a full-time Kitchen Supervisor to join our team for the 2018 season, end of April through the end of October. Attention to detail is a must. Experience and 3 references are required.
The Kitchen Supervisor at Emerson Inn is a leadership position and will assist the Executive Chef to oversee all aspects of Emerson Inn’s cuisine and the kitchen operation, maintaining or exceeding standards of quality and efficiency, and fostering a working environment conducive to learning and leadership development. The Kitchen Supervisor will assume the responsibility for the hotline set-up, break-down, and operations during peak service periods. The Kitchen Supervisor will work closely with the Executive Chef and other department heads to provide an excellent and memorable dining experience.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Bring out the highest levels of skill and creativity in the kitchen staff in order to promote the highest levels of quality and creativity in the cuisine.
- Lead with a proactive leadership style, not reactive, through continuous coaching and counseling sessions.
- Maintain the quality and creativity of the cuisine being produced with consideration to quality standards, product and execution, guest appeal, value perception and cost.
- Assist the Executive Chef to ensure the training, motivating, and evaluating of kitchen staff is done efficiently, effectively, and legally.
- Assist the Executive Chef in execution and follow-up on effective training procedures for the kitchen staff to promote greater consistency and increased productivity while maximizing opportunity for the professional development of our associates.
- Ensure that station prep for every meal is done efficiently and accurately, is consistent with business demands, and communicate any needs to the Executive Chef in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the preparation of menu items consistent with the recipes and standards provided by the Executive Chef.
- Drive the line for the 5 days a week that the schedule dictates, shoulder to shoulder with line personnel, holding the standard of every plate that comes off of the line.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Executive Chef to ensure awareness of business levels, scheduled groups and activities, and guests’ special needs and requests.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety as required by MEMIC, OSHA, and the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services.
- Protect the assets of Emerson Inn and the Migis Hotel Group through constant awareness of general upkeep of all kitchen equipment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- 1 Year Culinary Education or Experience Preferred
- Culinary Degree a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guest and employees, showing high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to multi-task and anticipate the needs of the operation and the guests.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
- Must be a team player, able to build and maintain strong working relationships with all other members of the management team
- Must be able to change activity frequently and work with constant interruptions
- Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for 95% of shift.
- Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Working in extreme temperatures conditions both indoors and out.
- 5-day work week in season; schedule varies according to operational needs and may includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from knives and slicers, burns, exposure to raw meat, poultry, seafood, and produce, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Migis Hotel Group:
More at http://migishotelgroup.com/careers.php
Migis Hotel Group believes in cultivating a working environment rooted in responsibility, creativity, mutual respect, and forward-thinking. As a small, Maine-based company, we operate in a unique space in the hospitality industry, perfectly situated in-between large corporate hotel chains, and small, independently run bed-and-breakfasts. This position allows us create a workplace that’s defined by intimacy and close coordination between ownership, management, and employees while also leveraging our many resources to professionally manage our properties at the highest standards of hospitality. Operating a wide variety of different properties in very different locations and markets, we understand that a highly motivated and enthusiastic team of employees is the key to success.
Our culture is rooted in our committment to the growth of our employees, and we value them as our greatest asset. We promote from within whenever possible, and offer our employees opportunities to move around properties we manage as part of their development within the company. To further solidify this commitment, we offer fantastic benefits to our eligible employees, including an excellent health and dental plan, paid vacation, 401k, and an unrivaled employee discount program that allows our employees to discover our fantastic properties, as well as other hotels, inns, and resorts around New England.
Migis Hotel Group is always interested in enthusiastic, hard-working individuals looking to make their mark in the hospitality industry. We urge you to get in touch with us and tell us about yourself, and how you envision yourself as a productive component of our growing team.