To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerson Inn in Rockport, MA is seeking a full-time Restaurant Supervisor to join our team for the 2018 season, end of April through the end of October. Attention to detail is a must. Experience is preferred and 3 references are required.
The Restaurant Supervisor at Emerson Inn is responsible for supervision of FOH staff bar/restaurant operations in support of or in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager. He or she works in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager to create memorable experiences for our guest, to meet and exceed expectations, and build relationships while driving profitability.
- Responsible for gracious guest services and interaction from reservations to departure, attending to guests inquires comments and or concerns while representing Emerson Inn and Migis Hotel Group (MHG) in a professional manner and appearance.
- Work with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to hold the standards of product and operational execution of restaurant/bar services. Continuously direct, evaluate and improve food and beverage services.
- Responsible for knowledge about all foods served from raw ingredients to final preparation, plating and beverage pairings, a complete understanding of the kitchens timing and execution of all menu items. The Restaurant Supervisor acts as liaison between the guests, service staff, and kitchen.
- Responsible for shift end (daily) financial reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager and General Manager, in the form of tip-out information, schedule changes, product inventories, ordering/delivery invoice, and sales.
- Responsible to assist the Food and Beverage Manager with recruitment, training and scheduling of all front of house employees to budget.
- Responsible to assist the Food and Beverage Manager in providing timely feedback to all associates.
- Provide staff members with leadership by being an active participant on the floor. Be seen as a source of information and guidance, offer relevant information, and motivate through example.
- Communicate effectively with all management and across hotels lines. Open honest feedback delivered in an appropriate manner to peers and line staff alike is vital.
- Maintain knowledge of house counts, business levels, scheduled groups and activities.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in maintaining a two-week schedule staffed to forecasted business and labor targets. Effectively lead our staff towards greater consistency to increase productivity while maintaining optimum service to guest.
- Responsible for filling shifts and altering schedule day to day as changes need to occur based on call outs, shift changes, or business demand
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in managing bar service, restaurant, cocktail and wine menus and purchasing of all beverages. Have a knowledge of pars, cost and inventory controls, the use of standardized drink recipes and consistent service practices.
- Ensure the execution of a clean, well groomed, facility without defect or damage, overseeing proper care, cleaning and stock of interiors, service and table wares, furniture and POS equipment.
- Responsible for the welfare of our guests and employees: minimize the liability to ownership by understanding and enforcing, health & safety code regulations, licensing, and state laws regarding the sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages on premise.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in performance of monthly liquor, beer, wine, and soda inventories. You will be asked to monitor smallwares to include glass and china, establish and maintain pars and control cost through care and reduction in breakage.
- Responsible for the performance of daily internal operations and tasks required from opening to closing.
- Protect the assets of Emerson Inn and MHG.
- 5 day work week in season, 40-45 hours a week
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must enjoy working with the public, and have a strong appreciation for the guests’ experience.
- Knowledgeable of fine, casual and banquet dining styles, proper food and beverage service, basic cooking techniques, current health codes and liquor laws.
- Should be well spoken, have a can do attitude, be a quick learner and with hands on accountability.
- Prior experience in food & beverage service is necessary; to include 3 plus years of food and beverage experience. Management experience would be an asset.
- Must able to perform and teach all skills required of any front of house positions and willing to learn the skill set of back of house employees.
- Diploma or degree in business management, culinary arts or hospitality management would be a great asset.
- Candidate should show enthusiasm, graciousness, flexibility, adaptability, strong leadership and organization skills, the ability to work under pressure and multi-task, and the desire to learn and teach.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, menu details, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces, move and arrange chairs, tables, and banquet equipment.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Working in extreme temperatures and conditions both indoors and out.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split-shifts.
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, stress, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Migis Hotel Group:
More at http://migishotelgroup.com/careers.php
Migis Hotel Group believes in cultivating a working environment rooted in responsibility, creativity, mutual respect, and forward-thinking. As a small, Maine-based company, we operate in a unique space in the hospitality industry, perfectly situated in-between large corporate hotel chains, and small, independently run bed-and-breakfasts. This position allows us create a workplace that’s defined by intimacy and close coordination between ownership, management, and employees while also leveraging our many resources to professionally manage our properties at the highest standards of hospitality. Operating a wide variety of different properties in very different locations and markets, we understand that a highly motivated and enthusiastic team of employees is the key to success.
Our culture is rooted in our committment to the growth of our employees, and we value them as our greatest asset. We promote from within whenever possible, and offer our employees opportunities to move around properties we manage as part of their development within the company. To further solidify this commitment, we offer fantastic benefits to our eligible employees, including an excellent health and dental plan, paid vacation, 401k, and an unrivaled employee discount program that allows our employees to discover our fantastic properties, as well as other hotels, inns, and resorts around New England.
Migis Hotel Group is always interested in enthusiastic, hard-working individuals looking to make their mark in the hospitality industry. We urge you to get in touch with us and tell us about yourself, and how you envision yourself as a productive component of our growing team.